The Z100 PV Analyzer is a portable and battery powered instrument used to detect and locate faults in strings of series connected photovoltaic modules.
All Z100 analysis algorithms, assumes that the instrument is connected to a series string of solar PV modules. Correct fault position estimation can hence not be guaranteed, if the Z100 is connected to parallel coupled solar PV module strings.
Specifically, the instrument has the following features and measurement applications:
- Measure position of a single ground fault in a PV string
- Measure position of a single disconnect in PV strings
- PV string impedance curves (health and degradation check)
- PV string series resistance RS
- PV string string open circuit voltage VOC
- PV system isolation resistance RISO
- PV module voltage
- PV module bypass diode check
- PV module shunting resistance (module/cell degradation)
- Integrated timer for periodic faults
- Tone generator and tone tracer pickup
- Build in PDF report generator