The Z100 PV Analyzer
Note: The Z200 PV Analyzer has taken over for the Z100 PV Analyzer.
The PV Analyzer Z100 is a portable and battery powered instrument used to detect and localize faults in
strings of series connected photovoltaic modules. Specifically, the instrument has the following features
- Ground faults testing i.e. RISO, location of singular ground faults, with programmable timer for extended ground fault testing
- Photovoltaic module string impedance curve, for system health assessment
- Open circuit voltage measurement
- Disconnects in photovoltaic module strings e.g. in cables, connectors or bus-bars
- Damaged bypass diodes, both short-circuited and open-circuited bypass diodes
- Data can be saved and stored directly as PDF files for reporting and documentation
- The instrument is connected to the string terminals e.g. at the string inverter or combiner box and also to the ground reference for the PV installation.