Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale
These are the legal terms and conditions (Terms) on which EmaZys ApS registered in Denmark whose registered office is at Kochsgade 31D, 5000 Odense C (Seller), supplies goods (Goods) and/or repair, calibration, and other services (Services) to you (Purchaser).
All quotations, contracts and goods and/or services supplied by the Seller are governed by these Terms unless otherwise stated by the Seller in writing
Basis of contract
- Quotations may be requested from the Seller by the Purchaser using the Seller’s website, by telephone, or by email. Any quotation given by the Seller shall not constitute an offer and is only valid for thirty (30) days from its date of issue.
- Where the Purchaser accepts the Seller’s quotation, it must place an order with the Seller by contacting the Seller directly (Order). There shall be no contract between, or obligations on, either party until a valid order confirmation has been issued in writing (including via email) by the Seller to the Purchaser (Order Confirmation), at which point the contract between the Seller and the Purchaser shall come into existence (Contract).
- These Terms apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that the Purchaser seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, customer practice, or course of dealing. No variation of these Terms shall be binding on the Seller unless and until the variation has been accepted in writing by a duly authorized person on behalf of the Seller.
- The Contract and the documents referred to in it constitute the entire agreement between the parties. The Purchaser acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance, or warranty made or given by or on behalf of the Seller that is not set out in the Contract.
Price and Delivery
- The Goods are as described on the Seller’s website from time to time.
- The Supplier shall deliver the Goods to the location set out in the Order or such other location as the parties may agree (Delivery Location) at any time after the Seller notifies the Customer that the Goods are ready. Delivery of the Goods shall be completed at the Good’s arrival at the Delivery Location.
- All prices for Goods and Services provided under these Terms are exclusive of VAT.
- Unless otherwise agreed, delivery will be ex-works and the Goods will be packed to the Seller’s normal specifications in non-returnable packing. Carriage will be arranged at the request and at the sole expense of the Purchaser.
- Where applicable, delivery charges will be added to the price of the Goods and detailed in the Order Confirmation.
- Any delivery estimates quoted by the Seller is an estimate only and will commence from the date of the Order Confirmation. Provided the Seller takes all reasonable steps to deliver the Goods at the time stated, the Seller shall not be liable to the Purchaser for failure to do so and time shall not be of the essence.
- The Seller, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to deliver Goods in more than one consignment and to invoice the Purchaser separately for each consignment. Each consignment shall constitute a separate Contract and any delay in delivery or defect in a consignment shall not entitle the Purchaser to cancel any other consignment.
- Claims for incorrect or non-delivery of Goods must be made in writing to the Seller within ten (10) working days of the receipt by the Purchaser of the Goods. All claims covering the operability of the Goods will be covered by the Seller’s manufacturing guarantee set out in clause 7 below.
- The Seller reserves the right to refuse to accept claims that are not received at the Seller’s offices within the times or under the conditions set out above.
Title and Risk
- The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Purchaser once the Goods have left the Seller’s premises for delivery to the Purchaser (unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Seller).
- Title to the Goods shall not pass to the Purchaser until the Seller receives payment in full for the Goods.
- Until title to the Goods has passed to the Purchaser, the Purchaser shall:
- Prior to title to the Goods passing to the Purchaser, the Seller may at any time require the Purchaser to deliver up the Goods in its possession and, if the Purchaser fails to do so promptly, the Seller may at any time enter the Purchaser’s premises to recover Goods.
Supply of Services and Software
- The Seller warrants to the Purchaser that the Services will be provided using reasonable skill and care.
- The Seller shall use reasonable endeavors to meet any performance dates for the Services set out in the Order Confirmation, but such dates shall be estimates only and time shall not be of the essence.
- Any Software supplied by the Seller to the Purchaser shall be governed by the terms of the Seller’s software license, a copy of which is available on the Seller’s website.
- The Seller shall invoice the Purchaser at any time before, on, or after delivery of the Goods or performance of the Services.
- The Seller reserves the right to suspend deliveries where payment for any Order related or otherwise has not been made on the due date and remains outstanding.
Description and data
- The Seller shall ensure that at the time the Goods leave the Seller’s premises for delivery to the Purchaser, the Goods conform in all material respects with their description.
- Where the Seller is the manufacturer of the Goods, the Seller reserves the right to discontinue or to make design changes to the Goods, provided always that such design changes shall not lower the performance of the Goods, affect their mechanical interchangeability or result in a price increase to the Purchaser.
- In the case of Third Party Goods, the Seller shall ensure that, at the time the Goods leave the Seller’s premises for delivery to the Purchaser, the Goods supplied conform to the manufacturer’s current specification and finish.
- Subject to clause 12.1, the Seller shall use reasonable endeavors to ensure the accuracy of technical data or literature relating to the Goods, but the Seller (so far as permitted by law) accepts no liability in contract, tort, or otherwise for any damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from any error or omission in such technical data or literature.
- Unless otherwise stated, electrical ratings represent safe working limits. Dimensions and other physical characteristics are subject to normal commercial tolerance. The Purchaser shall be responsible for ensuring the fitness of the product for the Purchaser’s chosen application.
- Any samples, drawings, descriptions of the Goods or Services, or advertising issued by the Seller or placed on the Seller’s website are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an appropriate idea of the Services/Goods. They shall not form part of the Contract or have any contractual force.
Subject to clause 8 below, Goods manufactured by the Seller are governed by the terms and conditions set out in the Seller’s manufacturing guarantee:
Each EmaZys product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. The warranty period is one year and begins on the date of shipment. Parts, product repairs, and services are warranted for 90 days. This warranty extends only to the original buyer or end-user customer of an EmaZys authorized reseller and does not apply to fuses, disposable batteries, or to any product which, in EmaZys’s opinion, has been misused, altered, neglected, contaminated, or damaged by an accident or abnormal conditions of operation or handling. EmaZys warrants that software will operate substantially in accordance with its functional specifications for 90 days and that it has been properly recorded on non-defective EmaZys does not warrant that software will be error-free or operate without interruption. EmaZys authorized resellers shall extend this warranty on new and unused products to end-user customers only but have no authority to extend a greater or di↵erent warranty on behalf of EmaZys. Warranty support is available only if product is purchased through an EmaZys authorized sales outlet or the Buyer has paid the applicable international price. EmaZys reserves the right to invoice Buyer for importation costs of repair/replacement parts when product purchased in one country is submitted for repair in another country. EmaZys’s warranty obligation is limited, at EmaZys’s option, to refund the purchase price, free of charge repair, or replacement of a defective product which is returned to an EmaZys authorized service center within the warranty period. To obtain warranty service, contact EmaZys service center on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain return authorization information, then send the product to the service center, with a description of the difficulty, postage, and insurance prepaid (FOB Destination). EmaZys assumes no risk for damage in transit. Following warranty repair, the product will be returned to the Buyer, transportation prepaid (FOB Destination). If EmaZys determines that failure was caused by neglect, misuse, contamination, alteration, accident, or abnormal condition of operation or handling, including over-voltage failures caused by use outside the products specified rating, or normal wear and tear of mechanical components, EmaZys will provide an estimate of repair costs and obtain authorization before commencing the work. Following repair, the product will be returned to the Buyer transportation prepaid, and the Buyer will be billed for the repair and return transportation charges (FOB Shipping Point). THIS WARRANTY IS THE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EMAZYS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE OR THEORY. Since some countries or states do not allow the limitation of the term of an implied warranty, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, the limitations and exclusions of this warranty may not apply to every buyer. If any provision of this Warranty is held invalid or unenforceable by a court or other decision-maker of competent jurisdiction, such holding will not a↵ect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
Especially the Z200 PV Analyzer is warranted for 12 months from the reception. The warranty does not cover the battery. There is no warranty on the device if you use other cables than the supplied. The warranty will be invalid if the product is damaged due to any of the following:
- Neglect to follow the User Manual
- Use of the product for purposes for which it was not intended
- Natural wear
- Incorrect fitting
- Mechanical or technical alterations
- Use of unauthorized spare parts
Third Party Manufactured Goods
- Where the Purchaser’s Order includes an order for Goods manufactured by a party other than the Seller (Third Party Goods), the Seller’s liability, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, for such Goods, shall not exceed the Seller’s own liability under the terms of any agreement that the Seller has entered into with such third party.
- The benefits of the guarantee or warranty attaching to the Third Party Goods or Software shall be passed on to the Purchaser and the Seller’s Manufacturing Guarantee shall not apply.
- By agreeing to purchase Goods from the Seller, the Purchaser agrees to comply with the terms of any license granted to the Seller relating to the Goods to be purchased. The Purchaser agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the Seller against any claim made by the relevant licensor against the Seller as a result of any act or omission on the part of the Purchaser.
- Details of the warranty, guarantee or license relating to the Third Party Goods (if any) are available on request from the Seller.
- The Seller shall have no liability in respect of any failure to deliver or delay in delivering any Goods, providing Services, or performing any obligations under these Terms due to any event beyond its reasonable control. Such events include, but are not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of the Seller or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, the act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
- Where an event under clause above occurs, and the Purchaser has made whole or part payment for the supply of Goods and/or Services and the manufacture of such Goods has commenced, the Seller may give seven (7) days to the Purchaser to terminate under these Terms. The Seller shall be entitled to deduct reasonable expenses from payments already received from the Purchaser. The balance of any monies shall be returned to the Purchaser.
- The Seller reserves the right to increase the price of the Goods and/or Services to be supplied to the Purchaser:
- in proportion to any increased costs (including but not limited to increased exchange rates and taxes) incurred by the Seller from the date of the Seller’s Order Confirmation up to and including the date of the delivery of the Goods or the supply of the Services; or
- where the increase is due to any fault or default of the Purchaser, including but not limited to cancellation by the Purchaser of part of any Order.
Storage of Goods
- Where delivery of Goods is delayed due to the fault or default of the Purchaser or the Purchaser’s agents or subcontractors, storage and all associated costs will be charged to, and be payable by, the Purchaser.
- The Goods shall remain at the Purchaser’s risk (but title shall not pass) from the date of the delay. The Seller reserves the right to invoice the Goods at the original delivery date, which shall also be the date of commencement of the relevant guarantee (as set out in clauses 7 and 8 above).
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude the Seller’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Subject to clause 12.1 above, the Seller shall in no event be liable to the Purchaser, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for damages including, but not limited to:
- any loss of profit or anticipated profit
- any indirect loss
- any incidental loss
- any consequential loss
- any operating loss
- any loss of data or
- the cost associated with time used for reestablishing,
suffered or incurred by the Purchaser or the Goods under or in connection with these Terms, even if the Purchaser has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- The Seller’s total liability to the Purchaser in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with these Terms, however so arising, shall in no circumstances exceed the Contract price.
- The terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the terms implied by sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights in or arising out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods and or Services shall be owned by the Seller or its licensors.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that in respect of any third party intellectual property rights in the Goods or Services, including Software downloads, the Purchaser’s use of any such intellectual property rights is conditional on the Seller obtaining a written license from the relevant licensor on such terms as will entitle the Seller to license such rights to the Purchaser.
- The Purchaser shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Seller against all royalties, demands, proceedings, losses, and costs in connection with any infringement or alleged infringements of any third party patent, registered design, or other industrial property right in the manufacture, sale, or application of the Goods.
Cancellation and Returned Goods
- Cancellation will not be accepted for any Goods designed specifically for the Purchaser.
- The Seller shall only accept the return of Goods without its previous consent in relation to those Goods covered by the Manufacturing Guarantee referred to in the clause above.
- Other than under the Manufacturing Guarantee referred to above, if the Seller agrees to accept the return of Goods, those Goods must be returned at the Purchaser’s sole expense. All goods returned by the Purchaser shall be returned to the Seller in the condition that they were originally delivered to the Purchaser. If Goods are tested by the Seller they will be subject to a minimum charge equivalent to 15% of the invoice price (exclusive of VAT), which shall be paid by the Purchaser.
- If the Seller agrees to cancel an Order or part of an Order relating to items not specifically designed for the Purchaser, a minimum charge equivalent to 20% of the total Order price (exclusive of VAT) shall be paid by the Purchaser.
- Without limiting its other rights or remedies the Seller may terminate the Contract by giving the Purchaser not less than 7 days of written notice.
- Without limiting its other rights or remedies, the Seller may terminate the Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Purchaser if:
- the Purchaser commits a material breach of any of these Terms and (if such a breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within fourteen (14) days of receipt of notice in writing to do so; or
- any action, proceedings, procedure, or step is taken for the winding up, dissolution, administration, or reorganization of the Purchaser; or
- any action, proceedings, procedure, or step is taken to appoint a liquidator, receiver, administrative receiver, administrator, compulsory manager, or other similar offices in respect of the Purchaser or any of its assets.
- If any provision or part-provision of the Contract is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal, and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
- Any person who is not a party to the Contract shall not have any right to enforce its terms.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- The Contract and any dispute arising out of or in connection with it, or its subject matter or formation, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Denmark.
- The Seller and the Purchaser irrevocably agree that the courts of Denmark shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation.